Injuries to the hip and knee are very common and can be debilitating. To learn more about the anatomy and function of these joints, take a look at these resources.
- For an in-depth look at the anatomy of the hip joint, visit Arthritis-Health.com.
- The meniscus is vital to knee function, but it can easily be injured, as the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons can tell you.
- Check out this page to learn more about meniscal surgery.
- The meniscus can tear in several different ways, which are shown on this web page from Medscape.
- Prompt treatment of ACL tears is vital for recovery. First aid, including ice and elevation, will help decrease swelling until more advanced medical treatment can take place.
If you’ve been injured while playing sports, you may need the attention of an orthopedic surgeon. Call Drew Stein, M.D. in New York at (212) 398-2300 to discuss your injury you’re your treatment options.